Containment Products for Flammable and Combustible Liquids
This category covers various types of containment products, assemblies, accessories and components intended for the storage or transfer of flammable and/or combustible liquids with wide variations identified in the individual product categories, such as:
- nominal liquid capacity (up to approximately 75,000 gal or 284,000 L)
- types (cans, containers, tanks, portable, stationary, fixed, nonreuseable, etc.)
- special types or ratings (fire rated, process, vault, cabinet, etc.)
- general liquids (general flammables and/or combustibles, or motor vehicle fuels)
- specific liquids (specific flammables or combustibles as identified in the individual Listings)
- locations (indoor, outdoor, underground, aboveground, vault)
- uses (consumer, residential, commercial or industrial)
- materials (metallic, nonmetallic, composite)
Containment products for flammable and combustible liquids are divided into common groups with respect to some of the variations above:
Portable Tanks, Containers and Cans (ECTX) — Covers metallic and nonmetallic portable tanks, containers and cans, typically of smaller size and intended for the short-term storage and transport of fuels, chemicals, or similar flammable and/or combustible liquids.
Fixed and Stationary Storage Tanks (EDQX) — Covers metallic, nonmetallic and composite, fixed and stationary storage tanks, typically of larger size and intended for the long-term storage of fuels or similar flammable and/or combustible liquids at atmospheric pressure.
Transfer Pipe, Containment Sumps and Pipe/Sump Accessories (QLVW) — Covers transfer pipe and containment sumps typically intended for use in fuel-dispensing systems, and various pipe/sump accessories and components intended for use in the assembly of these systems.
Miscellaneous Tanks, Storage Products and Tank Accessories (WWXR) — Covers miscellaneous tanks and storage products intended for specific-use applications, and various tank accessories and components intended for use in or on completed containment products.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
UL, in performing its functions in accordance with its objectives, does not assume or undertake to discharge any responsibility of the manufacturer or any other party. UL shall not incur any obligation or liability for any loss, expense or damages, including incidental or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use, interpretation of, or reliance upon this Guide Information.
|Last Updated on 2009-09-23|